Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sushi Restaurants in Japan

Sushi restaurants in Japan are totally different from here, in San Diego. The interior of traditional Sushi restaurants is like



or


They usually have counter seating, not table seating. You can make an order directly to chefs over the counter.

Threre are a new kind of Sushi restaurant called "Kaiten-Sushi". This becomes very popular recently, especially for families.  



It is easier to explain it by video than by picture, see the following video.



Many kinds of dishes are movinig on the belt, and you can take what you want to eat. The design of plates are different by price. Though it looks funny or strange, it is very common style for Sushi restaurant in Japan recently.

Let me show you another funny movie about Sushi. Keep in mind it is a kind of comedy! Don't take it seriously.


5 comments:

  1. Love the post on sushi - I especially like the conveyor belt concept. Thanks for sharing a bit of Japanese culture with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done blog. Viewing the uniforms reminds me of schoold days and the sushi section makes me hungry!

    Joan...from class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what this shows in a very subtle way--conformity in Japan vs. individuality in the United States. Of course, since my own teenage son wears a school uniform, there goes my analysis.

    Alex from class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sushi!! I love it!
    when I arrived here, I just look around to find sushi restraurants!
    If you need some info. about that, how about sharing our restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be sitting at the sushi table now. Thank you for sharing the video and pictures. I am going to send them on to my sister who loves sushi.

    ReplyDelete